About this Scholarship
Mike Dimond was widely recognized as one of the top hotel marketing executives in the United States, serving the industry in top positions, including Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs. He is a member of the HSMAI Hall of Fame and honored as one of “The 25 Most Extraordinary Minds in Hospitality & Travel.” This scholarship was created by his family to expand and enhance the educational opportunities available to hospitality students interested in following in his footsteps.
Two $1500 scholarships will be awarded annually to deserving degree-seeking students with the intention of pursuing careers in Hospitality Sales, Marketing, or Revenue Optimization. The funds are to be used for tuition. Recipients will be asked to work with the HSMAI Foundation through its programs to encourage other students to pursue careers in these fields.
- Fully admitted as a student in an accredited post-secondary hospitality degree program.
- Demonstrated hospitality work experience.
- Intention to pursue a career in hospitality sales, marketing, or revenue optimization.
- Good academic standing.
- Completed application form and resume.
- Personal essay or presentation.
- Contact information for two references.
- Current transcripts will be required from finalists.
Deadlines for the 2021-2022 Academic Year: Completed applications were accepted until May 15, 2021. Decisions will be announced by July 1, 2021 for funding in the Fall Term.
Criteria: HSMAIF Board Members will review each submission and consider the following:
- Proven interest in and intention to pursue a career in hospitality sales, marketing, or revenue management
- Involvement in HSMAI & other extracurricular involvement
- Industry work experience
- Applicant’s personal essay
- Grade point average