Mike Dimond was widely recognized as one of the top hotel marketing executives in the United States, serving the industry in top positions, including Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs. He is a member of the HSMAI Hall of Fame and honored as one of “The 25 Most Extraordinary Minds in Hospitality & Travel.” This scholarship was created by his family to expand and enhance the development opportunities available to hospitality students interested in careers in commercial strategy.
Two Career Success Grants will be awarded to deserving hospitality students who are enrolled in a degree-seeking hospitality program. The Grant package includes:
- Appointment of a specially selected mentor for one year.
- Application fees for the recipient’s choice of one of two HSMAI Certifications: Certified in Hospitality Business Acumen or Certified Revenue Management Analyst
- A one-year Premium subscription to LinkedIn.
- A complimentary registration and travel honorarium of up to US $1000 to attend the HSMAI Regional Strategy Conference of the recipient’s choice in HSMAI Americas, Europe, Middle East, or Asia Pacific.
- Completed application form and resume.
- A 500-word statement articulating career aspirations in sales, marketing, revenue optimization, or any commercial discipline; how any work experience to date has influenced you; and how this grant will help you achieve your career goals.
Applications for the 2023-2024 academic year are now available and the application submission deadline will be May 31, 2023.
Criteria: HSMAI Foundation Board Members will review and rate the submissions and consider the following:
- Proven interest in a career in hospitality sales, marketing, revenue management, or distribution.
- Industry work experience.
- Other submission materials.
Application and materials should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tara is a student at Florida State University. She expects to graduate in May 2023 with a Bachelor of Science in Hospitality & Tourism Management and a minor in Entrepreneurship. Tara is both a Resident Assistant (RA) for FSU University Housing and a Customer Service Representative for FSU Campus Recreation. She has volunteered over 100 hours of community service for Pets Unconditionally Rescued and Rehomed (PURR) and has completed 100 hours in the children’s ministry at Lifepoint Church delivering core curriculum. Tara plans to pursue a career in hospitality and entrepreneurship and hopes to spend time in all aspects of hospitality, including food and beverage, and hotels.
Ava is a student at New York University studying Hotel and Tourism Management, expected to graduate in May 2024 with her bachelor’s degree and a minor in The Business of Entertainment, Media, and Technology. She serves as the Social and Community Chair for the NYU Hospitality Business Society and as the Events Chair for the NYU Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association Int. where she is responsible for planning events for both organizations, making external connections, and assisting with creating tours of NYC hospitality establishments. Tara is also a player on the NYU Women’s Lacrosse Team, a member of the Stern Tisch Entertainment Business Association, and a writer for NYU’s Comedy Magazine: The Plague.