The hospitality industry is at a historic time. The rising dynamics in the industry evolving out of the COVID-19 pandemic is calling for young talents to advance hospitality marketing practices, to lead with innovativeness, and to transform the industry above and beyond.
Against this grand backdrop, we are excited to organize the first of a kind, global hospitality marketing competition. This year’s competition is uniquely themed as “Recovery and Revival”, with the focus on encouraging new perspectives on the issues, trends and opportunities that are relevant to the resurgence and development of the global hospitality industry. Through a marketing lens, we hope this competition will be able to spur creativity and innovation among future hospitality marketing leaders across the globe.
The competition mission is to:
- Establish a cross-institution platform for future hospitality marketing leaders to showcase professional excellence;
- Empower hospitality marketing education through experiential learning;
- Enable industry-academia collaborations to champion future hospitality marketing leaders.
- Who can participate: Undergraduate and graduate students who share passion for hospitality marketing.
- How to participate:
- Competition entry: Please complete competition entry form by October 31st, 2022.
- Competition submission: Please submit a recorded group presentation of a marketing plan for your choice of a hotel company by December 31st, 2022.
- Final competition presentation: The evaluation panel will assess the submitted work and identify top two teams for the undergraduate track and top two teams for the graduate track. The finalist teams will be informed by February 15th, 2023. The finalist teams will present their work at the final competition event (virtual) tentatively scheduled in March, 2023.
- Awards: $2,000 for the top undergraduate team, $2,000 for the top graduate team.
Please submit the following information to qualify competition entry by October 31st, 2022. We will send you a confirmation email upon receipt of your competition entry.
Following approval of your application, please submit the following items to complete your competition submission by December 31st, 2022. We will send you a confirmation email upon receipt of your competition submission.
- What content should the proposed plan cover?
- Please see this pdf document for details.
- Is there an evaluation criteria?
- Yes, please see this pdf document for details.
- Is there a time length limit to the presentation?
- Yes, 15 minutes.
- How many students are allowed per group (min vs. max)?
- Minimum two, maximum six.
- How many groups are allowed per university/college?
- Up to three for undergraduate track, up to three for graduate track.
- Do we allow cross-institution team submissions?
- Yes, we welcome submissions from cross-institution teams (i.e., team members from different institutions).
- Faizan Ali, University of South Florida
- Ruiying Cai, Washington State University
- Lisa Cain, Florida International University
- Alei Fan , Purdue University
- Lisa Gao, Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Huiling Huang, University of Macau
- Nathan Line, Florida State University
- Lu Lu, Temple University
- Emily Ma, University of Surrey
- Anna S. Mattila, The Pennsylvania State University
- Han Shen, Fudan University
- Minjung Shin, University of Houston
- Kevin Kam Fung So, Oklahoma State University
- Yao-Chin Wang, University of Florida
- Wei Wei, University of Central Florida
- Laurie Wu, Temple University
- Wan Yang, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- Lu Zhang, Michigan State University