Laura Grissen, Senior Manager, Customer Success, Digital Services at Marriott International, HSMAI Rising Marketing Leader Council Member
From blockchain to data analytics to virtual reality and NFTs, there are a plethora of new technologies that can impact the way hospitality businesses operate. But which technologies are going to play the most important role in the future?
Here are the top three technologies on the minds of the HSMAI Rising Marketing Leaders Council.
- QR codes – QR codes gained popularity during the pandemic and offer a way to quickly update information. They can be used for a variety of purposes, from ordering room service to checking into a hotel.
- Crave interactive – Crave interactive is an iPad-based platform that allows hotel guests to order room service, make restaurant reservations, and more. And as more hotels adopt Crave interactive, it is likely to become the standard for hotel guest services.
- Virtual reality – Another emerging technology that is likely to have a big impact on the hospitality industry. Virtual reality can be used for a variety of purposes, from training hotel staff to providing guests with a virtual tour of the hotel.
While the RLC members are excited about the emerging technologies have to offer, they think about key strategies can be leveraged to influence owners, hotel operators, and key decision makers on integrating these technologies. Showing the value to the guest experience is crucial, though they struggle with:
- The costs to utilize and implement new technology.
- The number of platforms available and staying current.
- Operationalizing new technology to stay within brand experience and make it a smooth transition for hotels.