At HSMAI’s Sales Leader Forum Oct. 26, Cindy Novotny, managing partner of Master Connection Associates, gave a closing keynote address on “Leading Sales into a Post-Pandemic World.” Novotny gave practical advice on how to do things differently as the industry begins to build back up. Here are a few of the takeaways from her presentation:
- Leadership in hotel sales is not that different than ten years ago, but you have to show up with more authenticity and compassion.
- Energizing a team is crucial, but showing them how to do it is essential.
- You have to have skill, attitude, and knowledge to succeed in sales.
- It takes time and coaching to help new teams create connections, navigate the business, and to move from a transactional to a relationship mindset.
- Personal relationships have become more important and valued than ever.
- Consumers are making choices based on aspirations.